From:
George Fergusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:24:17 -0400
At 11:13 AM 10/21/05 -0400, you wrote:

>I have seen software which allows you to design a garden, house interior,
>auto, etc. and then "tour" the result.  Wouldn't it be great if someone
>with graphic software writing skills could come up with a virtual hive
>interior?

No need to write from scratch- that would be a horrible waste of time! Many
of the low-end off the shelf house-design CAD programs have rendering and
3D capability built-in. What is a bee hive if not a house for bees, albiet
small?

My brother-in-law is an engineer and has Autocad on his computer which will
do all the above, and more. I used Autocad for years for surveying. I've
been planning on using it to design an observation hive this winter. If I
come up with anything earth shaking regarding virtual tours of beehives,
I'll share it with the list. Not sure I've got enough spare time to delve
into mapping cell distribution, but it sure sounds fun.

George-