Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:17:20 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Hello All,

I'm wondering how everyone's honey flow is progressing.  Mine is terrible.  Last year this time I had 3 supers on my hives with one hive producing 181 lbs.  This year I only have 1 super on and none of them would have more than 2 frames.  Its been very hot here in Kingston Ontario Canada with very little rain, while last year was the opposite.  Sweet clover is just blooming now so I hope that will help.  

Regarding the post from Allen about "What type of beekeeper are you"  Both my grandparents had kept bees.  My grandfather would take me out and show me the bees on the apple trees.  So a few years later I bought my first hive from an old Polish fellow who was the resident expert.  He taught me enough to get going.  I asked my dad to help me pick up the hive but he said " I'm not getting any where near those stinging $%&!#&* :)"  So my mother came and we picked up the hive and put it in the back set of the car.  She was terrified and I was a tad bit nervous to :)  But I held on to it and never looked back.  They have been teaching me ever since.  After almost 26 years  I am starting to remember some things :)   Now my 7 year old is wondering when he gets his bee suit.  Maybe its genetic :)

Kent Stienburg

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2