From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:41:36 -0800
Hi Bill & All,

> Keith, you bring a lot to the table and I apologize for any hurt I may
> have caused you.

You could never hurt my feelings, only I can do this to myself. I just did
not want to upset things.

> I have been on many beekeeping lists and have dropped all the others to
> stay here. It is the most "informed" and least trendy.

I do not agree, this list is also trendy and has a style too. Informed is
relevant, no matter what the source is of the information it can have
relevance. Everything does not always follow the books in how it plays out
individually.

> A new idea will
> be thoroughly discussed (peer review) and you have to be ready to take
> the heat and substantiate your claims.

What you refer to as claims can be my best observations in my area of
apiasrianism. My observations will never pass the peer review arena because
I have no credentials or hard data for back up. Be that as it may my
observations are mostly made for my advantage in my location because I am a
firm believer in beekeeping being local. I am not sure that you Bill coined
that phrase because it was the first thing that was taught me by my mentor
of old. Beekeeping is local may be the best claim of all beekeeping and that
is why I subscribe to beekeepers keeping bees locally with local stock if
not their very own stock. This can be disputed but I may as well give up
beekeeping right now if beekeeping is not local.

> There is a lot of bad advice out
> there. It is good to see it challenged.

I have no problem being challenged as long as it is with respect without
ridicule. Everyone should be considered as equals when in a discussion, not
lop sided and bias.

> but have learned it is better to
> stay and learn than play elsewhere where the rules are more relaxed and
> they let you "win".

The main thing I am concerned about is that the bees win in the long run,
they get pushed around enough. I am not playing a popularity game, I am
beekeeping and becoming the best Apiarian that I can possibly be given the
intelligence the good Lord gave me.

 . ..   Keith Malone, Chugiak, Alaska USA, http://www.cer.org/,
c(((([ , Apiarian, http://takeoff.to/alaskahoney/,