From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:38:18 -0400

>   the thermometer was the same temperature as outside air. It
>doesn't seem to me there's going to be any insulation at all.
>
>Dick Allen

Because I can only go by the results, I wonder why here...below the
45th..that I have no problems wintering either the nucs on top, or the
colony below. I believe your recording of temperatures, and am trying to
understand the differences Allen D and I have found. I have no greater loss
in colonies with or without nuc boxes on their inners. I wonder if it could
be the 3/8" dead air space I have between the bottom colony's inner cover,
and the nuc's bottom board.

Mike