Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:59:38 GMT
This is quite impressive!  Sounds like these are the bees to get.  Since nothing is perfect in beekeeping, I'd be curious to learn what approximate percentage of Weaver's colonies succumbs to varroa (I assume not all colonies carry the varroa resistance over to the next generation when open mated) and what approximate percentage of hives are hot/defensive (due to open mating in an area surrounded by Africanized ferals).

Danny mentions requeening others' hives that succumbed to varroa.  I'd be very curious to learn what percentage of their own hives need requeening.

Thank you!

Waldemar

A friend forwarded me your "thought police" anti-BeeWeaver
propaganda.
Congratulations!, your brilliant spin on the plain english in our brochure is quite fantastic.  All the more so, since you obviously didn't even bother to read what we wrote first.  Please allow me to confuse you with a few facts.  We've been selecting for Varroa resistance for more than 10 years. We have not employed chemical treatments for Varroa for more than 3 years.
Many of our colonies have survived much longer without chemical treatment.  And despite no chemical treatment for Varroa, our colonies are strong enough for us to harvest bees for stocking queen rearing nuclei in February and March, and strong enough to be shaken again in March and April for packages too.  After that, our colonies produce a honey crop in Texas or on the Northern Plains, and some colonies produce a honey crop in both places.  Now for our 'claims':