From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:39:15 -0500
Mike Bassett said:
>I found that the chain uncapper left far to much wax in the honey,

I agree, but the solution is a settling tank. I had two 1000 lb stainless
tanks that I connected in series through the 2" fittings. I mounted a 2"
threaded flange on the second tank as an outlet, and attached a pump to it.
I made a control switch with a toilet bowl float and switch. I placed a
strap type drum heater around each tank. The honey is warmed by the tapes,
and most of the wax stays in the first tank...where the uncapper and
extractors empty. The honey is then pumped through a series of three water
jacketed sumps. By the time it gets to the filter, there is no wax.. Each
morning, I remove 75% of the wax from the first tank, and run it through my
capping melter. Leaving a layer of cappings in the first tank, seems to
keep more of that day's wax in the tank, and it doesn't flow through the
system.
Mike