From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:34:03 -0500
Laszlo asked:
Say, was Barry Marshall (UVA, Helico Bacter pylori) mentioned?

I do not believe he was.

Laszlo said:
  One should not have to spend the better part of their career, lifetime or
more changing real scientists minds with proper evidence if those folks were
indeed real scientists - or at least acted like they were whether it is
Medicine or Apiary Science.

I agree but it is not easy to change what has been accepted for years.

Laszlo said:
Frankly, the more I read of the "dance-language controvery" the more
discouraged I become by what seems to have unfolded.  I hope it has a happy
ending.

I received my copy of Adrian's new book yesterday along with a few papers
Adrian has written. The book should be for sale before long if not already.
I must say I was surprised by the size of the book. 400 pages.

In a few weeks when things slow down I will sit down and read the book. I
must admit I had trouble putting the book down when the book arrived but I
have got other matters to attend to right now like a honey processing area
full of supers and bees needing attention before winter.

Recommended reading for those which are interested in DL.

"Anatomy of a Controversy"
by
Adrian M. Wenner  &  Patrick H. Wells

The question of  "Language"  Among Bees

advance praise:

" This book will become a classic on the structure of science and the
relationships among scientists"

Stuart Altmann, The University of Chicago

19 other prominent people are on the list which came with the book giving
praise.

Could Bob Harrison's name be next on the list?

Bob

Ps. Thanks again Adrian for letting me purchase an advance copy!

Bee Culture & the American Bee journal have got excellent articles this
month. Hated to put those down also.  I hope I never get as busy as my
friend H. Bell in Florida. He told me he reads all 12 issues of Bee Culture
and ABJ in January as he is too busy the rest of the year.