From:
Durk Ellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:30:30 +0300
Healthcare of bees, bee-products and natural bee-stinging

 Reflections of a contemporary, traditional healer.

Introduction.

 First of all, please don't think that I am considering myself above
anyone or anything. In the following lines, you will get an insight into the
functioning of a little ant that feels entirely connected and melted with
the environing life of plants, minerals and animals.

 With time, I have now been tending man and woman, children, dogs, cats,
seabirds and chickens, ostriches, a pig, ponies, a few donkeys, a cow and a
few horses, a large number of invertebrates including grasshoppers and
literally (and professionally for 15 years) thousands of tarantulas, lastly
snakes, of which I found it my dubious pleasure to be tending African swamp
vipers and temperamental Western Diamondbacks. But every time I have been
working with patients, be they human or animal, I have always been faced
with an individual, to whom the necessary time could be given for its
healthcare. Tending bees is something new for me, as I am faced with a small
colony of 20000 bees and that I am tending 'the entire house', as such, I
have to adapt to this: I always speak to animals, and here I am turning to
speaking to a whole People, which makes it different, or a little different
for the moment.

 Recently, a beekeeping friend of mine has brought me an infected hive with
minimal varroa population but with expanding Wing deformity and a lot of
bees that cannot fly but have intact wings. The hive was doomed, but as I
have always been looking for bees to tend, now my dream is coming true, as
it is a many-year-long dream to start conceiving homotoxicological products
for the health of bees. I would like to transmit this way of thinking to
anyone who wants to share in this work, I hope that beekeepers will as such
find a way to immunize large numbers of hives with time.but it is all
climbing work, I can make no miracles as a tiny little ant, I can only try
and contribute with my limited knowledge to a world I am just entirely
enamoured with.

 PRODUCTS

 Knowledge is something that is not fixed, it is not a block, it is fluid,
it flows, its course can be changed by the presence of a single rock or
boulder, as such, all my life I have been looking for alternatives when in
one or the other case "incurable" or "we can't do anything about this
condition" was said to a particular patient.

 In the case of bees and their immunity deficiency diseases, mostly
provoked by varroa and the diseases the mite transmits to bees (we know
hardly a handful of tick-induced diseases in man yet, there are many, many
more), I have followed product development with chemicals, acids, essential
oils (better alternative yet), but never with homeopathy or homotoxicology.

 So for serious diseases in bees, I plan to proceed as follows or am
proceeding as follows in this case, please just follow the reasoning behind
it, nothing is FIXED, I hope that what I'm writing is going to serve the
honey bee, and subsequently man, and there are many people far more able and
intelligent than I am who WILL produce THE better product. It is a naïve
dream of mine that such good formulas should be transmitted for free for the
well-being of the honey bee, at least I can sleep nicely with my conscience:
I just LOVE all creatures, great and small (except ticks, mosquitoes and
horseflies).

 BASICS.

 To strengthen the immunity of bees, I am using my tonifying honey with 40
gr of royal jelly, 1 kg of Lime tree honey, 50gr of pollen, 15gr of
propolis, 15 gr of Echinaea root tincture, 15 gr of dandelion root tincture,
15gr of Harpagophytum tubercle tincture.

 1 kg of preparation is split into two half kilograms. I add 250gr of
MINERAL water and mix well.

 HOMOTOXICOLOGICAL PRODUCTS.

 I prepare, from the hive concerned:

 25 gr of healthy, vigorous bees in 250gr of 98% alcohol, 1 night intact
maceration, next day put the blender in, 8 days maceration. (don't forget
they are probable carriers of the disease but they are still strong flyers.)

 50gr of intermediate stage bees beginning Wing deformity in alcohol, same
working procedure as above, in 500gr of alcohol

 10gr WDV bees in 50gr of alcohol, same as above.

 Please: I have hardly any varroa in the hive I'm tending here: for varroa
infestation:

 50 gr of VARROA-COVERED LIVE BEES in 500gr of alcohol, same as above.

 For Nosema: same

 For chalkbrood: the chalkbrood in alcohol

 For AFB: discussion topic for later, please, same for European FoulBrood.

 Working principles of homotoxicology.

 Homo-toxicology is the treatment of bacterial, viral or parasitary
diseases by the specific bacteria, virus or parasite itself. For such
purpose, a tincture is made as described above. Then I dilute 5 drops of
each tincture (10cg) in a 30gr vial of:

 Achillea millefolium herba tincture (Yarrow)

 Peucedanum ostruthium root tincture

 Urtica urens foliae

 Apium graveolens

 Which lower blood pressure a little, deliver numerous minerals, and keeps
the airways well open, strengthens the immunity and delivers INULINE.

 In this preparation I add:

 Bryony root: 25 drops (50cg)

 Belladonna leaf tincture: 10cg

 Henbane leaf tincture: 10cg

 Datura stramonium leaf tincture 10cg

 Aconite leaf tincture: 6cg

 Carbo animalis Pulveres: 1 gr (I make Carbo animalis once every 4-5 years:
I tend two young roosters with loving care, and once they start becoming
adult and large, I bring them to a friend with a pottery oven. The roosters
are dispatched almost painlessly and quickly (no stress!!!!) then but with
feather and all at once in the pottery oven at 1400°C for 5 hours.
Afterwards take an armour to protect yourself from the artist because the
smell of the oven opening is terrible) but from 5 kilograms of rooster you
get about a small 700grams of pure animal ashes)

 This is well-shaken in the fluid.

 Of this preparation, 1 to 2 coffespoons are added to each half kilogram of
tonifying honey and fed from the top of the hive to the bees.

 Be VERY attentive: homeopathy has been decried as 'ineffective" and
"placebo-medicine", I can assure the List that I have seen people and
animals react to homotoxicological dilutions with such violence as to almost
cause their deaths in certain cases (bacterial tumors in dogs tended with
Reckeweg 87, Aspergillus niger preparations in Aspergillus bronchial
diseases in man, Strongylus-Flagellates-blood parasite preparation in man,
anti-viral Reckeweg 88 in bacterial tumor in cats).

 Therefore that I always add a little Nightshades, preferably of the three
most common species who have overlapping effects and which guarantee that no
anaphylactic shock can occur (I would advise the homeopathic use of the
three nightshades if you fear an anaphylactic shock with beestinging, or the
preventive use of the three nightshades before working and the curative
addition of Pulmo anaphylacticum 30k (7CH) in case of severe reaction to bee
stings: take a complete flask of granules.)

 I feed half a kilogram of this every noontime.

 The first three evenings, I use my smoking device which is loaded with
dried:

 Tanacetum vulgare herba

 Datura stramonium leaves 10%

 Tobacco 10%

 I pump smoke just a few times and close the hive, then, after ten minute,
I ventilate to avoid causing mayhem in the hive.

 As such, the rest is up to your personal feeling and observation of the
bees, I'll keep you posted on the results with my hive.

 PERSONAL THINKING ABOUT BEE STINGING

 I'm not talking of BVT here, but I have, with time, been more and more
surprised when studying the physical geography of stung areas of the body in
beekeepers and other bee-stung people. Let me explain: my friend the
beekeeper is always the central point of savage aggression by his bees. Ok,
he doesn't work with Italian or Caucasian or Buckfast bees, he works with
the old European race of our area.

 Yesterday, while opening the hive, he was once more stung 9 times, but for
the past months we have taken the leisure of noting down the stinging points
and putting it next to anatomical stinging charts of the body.

 My friend the beekeeper is suffering of severe, diffuse arthritis and
arthrosis, a blood disorder with normal RBC values but elevated Haematocrite
but normal CK, ALT, AST, but raised Chloride and Na, indicating kidney
malfunction. I was next to him and we both carried just top protection with
sandals and socks. I wasn't stung, but noted (in awe) that they had
literally formed a ring around both ankles. Another bee had climbed up his
left leg and stung him in the middle top of the kneecap.

 So, with time, I am now truly believing that the bee herself was the first
apitherapist, and that a bee knows where to sting the beekeeper and if he
needs stinging. If you would like to see our little study, I will try to
scan in the drawings and pictures of recorded stinging places.

 Lately, a swarm attacked a number of elderly people from a retirement home
that were having a walk out IN bruges. A number of people were stung a few
times (again meridian points of the face and forearms), but one of them was
stung over 500times.I cannot but feel that this person was carrying around
some disease or other, and that the massive stinging may have rid him of it.
He's still around and okay. All things to make us think of the world around
us, there is a reason to everything, but this is a very personal opinion.

Have a nice day all,
Philip the herbalist