From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:30:28 -0500
muses wrote:

>Around the world with all the mites adn problems one must tighten ones belt
>and stomach and accept 50% losses.

I am sure there will be others that comment on this thought, but if I
had 50% losses every winter, I would have quit long ago. Truth is, those
kind of losses reflect more on how we keep bees than on mites or other
factors.

I can invariably trace my losses back to something I did which are
ignorance, lack of treatment, failure to requeen a weak hive or plain
laziness by not bothering to correct a glaring problem.

And Peter is still wrong :)

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine