From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:39:21 -0600
Tom said:
I am sure opinions of the many experts (of varying degrees of
expertise) of the members of Bee-L would edify the general public.

Many times justice is the will of the stronger. Beekeepers are indeed a
small minority of the population. In the Aurora case almost even with the
two percent allergic.

If the room had been filled with people protesting the proposed ordinance
the ordinance would have failed. Not rocket science!

Next time the issue comes up contact a local bee club and ask as many
members as can to attend and present a show of force. Rally friends,
neighbors, fellow workers and church members to help out!

I live in a very very rural setting. Miles in any direction to find even a
gas station. My  cats  (which live outside) would run away from the farm if
I tried to put a leash on them.

Beekeeper Hendricks quote from article:

"This is the city that requires cats on leashes so I am not surprised "

I have never been hurt by a stray cat nor have I ever heard of a person hurt
by a straying house cat but I guess the possibility exists. I am sure many
kids pets have been put to sleep by the Aurora animal control because of the
ordinance.

Move to the country Tom while you still can!  Might be worth the commute!

Bob

Ps. Every time planning and zoning for our county has a proposal by a REAL
ESTATE DEVELOPER to divide farms into small lots the meeting is packed with
me and my neighbors saying NO!. The first time we do not show up the
proposal will pass and before long :

CATS ON LEASHES!

BEE-L has no "Frequently Asked Questions",
but any topic can be reviewed by searching
the  archives.  The archives are the FAQ!
BEE-L archives can be searched at:
 http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?S1=bee-l