From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:07:39 -0700
Greetings:

We are shaking out some new technologies in an effort to explore new ways
of communicating with beekeepers and others.

If you go to our web page at http://beekeeper.dbs.umt.edu/bees/beecams.htm
you will find two pathways into our conference room.

1.  A web camera that's on all the time.  We can use that in conjunction
with a speaker phone on the table.  Call us, log into the web camera from
your browser, and you can see and hear us.  Of course, the slower your
internet connection, the more jerky the video of us we will be.  Bit of a
jerry-rig system, but the phone is clear and the image is also clear and
you don't need any special software.

http://drone.dbs.umt.edu/view/view.shtml  -- camera address

2. An ACCESS GRID CONFERENCE ROOM -- if you work for a company, university,
or agency with access to high speed internet and have either an Access Grid
Conference Room or are runnig an AGN Personal Interface to the Grid (PIG),
you can participate in two-way video/conferencing with us.  Currently, we
are awaiting an upgrade to our internet connection (faster port on the
wall, we expect to have a Gigapop soon).  Until then, we will operate in
unicast only mode.  When everything is in place, we can hold multi-cast
conferences with anyone in the world with an AGN.  Currently, there are
AGNs at Motorola, Ford Motor, several federal agencies and labs, many
universities.  We know that there is a live at all times room in the
Netherlands.

We'd really like to know if any of you out there have access to this
technology.

Cheers

Jerry