From:
huestis' <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 23:26:18 -0700
Hi Rick,

I guess I'll answer.  Averaging about 100- 120 pounds on the few colonies I
have stacked for production.  I have converted 75% of my colonies to 4.9
cell sizing this season (and  last) and most have built up to three deep
brood chambers which is how I like to manage them( I have replaced 1/3rd of
these as they were culls and transition combs). They are at this time ready
for winter with no feeding necessary. Ending my second season with no
chemical treatments. Did only one section colony yeilding 5 supers using
shook swarming onto 4.9.  I cut the season short so I could get a second
brood chamber of 49er combs.  So I would guess I could have produced another
super or two.

I have heard that farther north of me they are averageing about 150 pounds.
Average of 5 round supers.

Clay