From:
Mats Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:28:04 +0200
P-O wrote
>"What is it that draws bees down from the supers?"

I don't use escape boards myself, so maybe this is a stupid question:
Wouldn't it be better instead of the traditional escape boards on top of the
hive to have an "escape bottom board" that is placed beside the hive(s) so
the bees can walk or fly back to their hive. This would be even further from
the queen (definitely out of feremone range), supers from more than one
colony can be placed on one escape and you can pick up the supers without
disturbing the colony.

Now, those of you using escape boards, tell me what i'm missing.

/Mats Andersson, Stockholm Sweden