From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:01:06 -0500
William, from Florida, said "I usually treat(Bayer
Strips @$3.00 ea.)"

Wow.  This is the second reference to these kind of prices that I have heard
in the past few days.

I know this is the 'retail' price for such strips, but only in small
quantities of 10 to a pack.  Why don't clubs pool resources and order in
quantity to benefit members?  100 strips are commonly available for $2.00
each!

It continually astounds me that (1) few hobbyists belong to bee clubs and
(2) few hobbyists subscribe to one of the two national magazines dedicated
to beekeeping.

IMHO, failure to join a bee club and failure to subscribe to one of more of
the magazines means that hobbyists are doomed to always pay the highest
possible price and to suffer the highest possible losses.  Penny-wise and
pound-foolish.  (How many know the origins of that saying?  It really dates
me!)

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, manufacturer of comb honey equipment
for beekeepers and Sundance pollen traps.
http://www.rossrounds.com