From:
Eunice Wonnacott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:16:33 -0300
Todd:

FWIW

I have no memory of a time when honey did not provide a major source of
sweetening on the "family table"  There is nothing tastier than hot fresh
bread, lots of butter,  topped with honey!!  Either honey, or  sometimes
molasses, was always available and encouraged.

As to dental situations, my first teeth all were removed at age three, under
anesthesia (ether!!) due to a gum infection that would not heal.  By the
time I was eighteen I was having some eighteen fillings a year, and before
age fifty, had complete dentures, upper and lower.......... wonderful!!, no
more tooth aches, no dentist drills, etc.  (VBG)

Can this be blamed on the huge lifetime consumption of honey??  Bear in mind
that prenatal diets (my Mother's) in the twenties were not like they are
today. Nor was the daily vitamin   C and D etc. for growing children known
to be required during the critical growth formation of "second" teeth.  For
myself, I would guess, in spite of this history, that honey probably was not
the reason for the dental problems, and that  nutrition and cleaning
practices are much more  influential in the condition of teeth. (dental
caries)

Eunice