From:
Tim Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:33:45 -0500
Bob's right about this year being earlier. Fruit trees are blooming in our
area already. It's been up to 80 degrees, and anyone passing through is
welcome to see my apple trees in full leaf, although in the almond areas it
is not so radical. So, a week and a half earlier is easy to believe.

Around the eucalyptus areas here, there sure are lots of hives. They have
been sprouting up like mushrooms. I take it that most are people building
up hives for the almonds. It must be a dilema for the big guys, since if
they leave their hives here until the end of Feb. they could get a super or
three like I do. I've only got about 60 strong hives, and with my 3 dollars
a pound Farmer's market honey, it pays more to sit here and do nothing.