From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:43:24 -0500
At 12:14 PM 1/15/03 -0500, you wrote:
>One of the true queen breeders is Sue Cobey who maintains her New World
>Carniolan stock at Ohio State.

Any connection to Ohio Queen Breeders (Also of Columbus, Ohio)?  What they
are doing sounds similar.  Their selection process doesn't specifically
include trachael mites.  There selection includes varroa, productivity,
gentleness, overwinering, etc.  But they do monitor trachael mites and
their numbers are amazingly low.

I've only seen their impressive numbers, but alas, I can't afford their
$500 breeder queens.  I have however purchased a couple of open mated
queens from a producer using their breeder queens.  Only got them recently
so I don't even have a good feel how they will fair.  Maybe after this next
year.

-Tim