From:
Blane White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:53:34 -0600
Hi Bob and Everyone,

Bob asked:
"Yet Blane those semi loads were certified SHb free and left Georgia
did
they not?"

No the beekeeper in the MN case loaded the truck and moved the bees
illegally without any certificate from GA.  He would have to had treated
the bees for shb and had a reinspection but didn't want to bother doing
that.  That is my point - much of the movement of these pests has
involved illegal movement of the bees.  I do agree that even if the
beekeeper had treated and been reinspected with no beetles found on the
second inspection there may have been beetles in the hives but the
infestation level would have been considerably reduced at least and the
beekeeper would have done what he could to reduce the spread of the
beetles from his colonies.

FWIW

blane

Blane White