From:
Eunice Wonnacott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:10:07 -0400
Fondant is very easy to make at home.  It is simply white sugar and water,
brought to a very slow boil and reduced to where when you put a wooden spoon
in the boiling syup , take the spoon out and hold it up to the light.  When
you see a very long thread spinning  from the dropletit is cooked enough.
Just pour it onto a large flat  surface,  A large platter is fine, and cool
to just about the temperature of your own hands. Then beat vigoroously (
wooden spoon if available)  You will easily recognize when it has turned to
the fondant stage.  Just make your patties from this.

All it takes from here to make delicious candy for humans is the addition of
a bit of color and flavor during the final beating.

Eunice