From:
Michael Moroney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1993 01:21:40 -0400
In one of my hives I keep seeing what I think are queen cells started -
cells curving down and looking like an acorn.  But they are smooth and none
have had larva in them.  None are completed and it seems they tear them
down and build them elsewhere.  At first they appeared at the middle of
the comb but now they appear along the bottom.  This was a package so
it seems unlikely they want to swarm.

Also what is the purpose of the "communication holes" in Duragilt
foundation?  My bees seem more than happy to fill them with comb, often
using them as an excuse to build drone comb.

-Mike