From:
James Kilty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 01:33:27 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>,
Max Watkins <[log in to unmask]> writes
>The pyrethroid resistance in the UK is [currently]limited to an area around
>the Devon/Cornwall borders
Now at Redruth. I don't know if it is the same chap who brought varroa
down here by taking swarms from an infected area in the fist place, but
if he continued to do so ....
> and its appearance was not created but was
>accelerated by the mis-use of hive treatments.
One near neighbour has such bad tempered bees that he slips the
treatments in the entrance at night and leaves them in permanently,
hence the numbers of strips increase over the years. He takes his honey
and runs.
--
James Kilty