From:
Inger Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:56:46 -0600
Hi All-
Recently I asked you for information on how different states handle their hive inspections and would like to thank all who responded, it has been very helpful and interesting too.

I am now trying to write a grant to get funding for inspections in the year 2002 while the Iowa Honey Producers Association scramble to get a new system in place for the future.  Does anyone know of any citations I could use to support the concept that not doing inspections will lead to increased levels of hive infestation?  I would think there have been cases in the past where for one reason or another inspections have been missed to the detriment of the honey industry, but I'm not sure where to even start looking.

Thanks again
Inger Lamb,
secretary, IHPA