From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:24:20 -0700
This email is to all on BEE-L especiall Bill Truesdell

I myself do not know Harvey very well, him being only in
our bee association a few months and having helped him cut
out a feral colony in a birdhouse on a referral from the
Dadants.

I do not know where he is getting the information about us
and it is certainly erroneous in what is being stated in
his comments. We do not use chemicals, drugs, essential
oils or acids and are known for that for several decades
now. It has cost us a bundle to take our stand on no dopes
or various treatments with retooling cost prohibitive for
most all beekeepers. Changing all combs in a commercial
operation once is cost prohibitive let alone twice in 15
plus years.

I do not recognize what he is saying about the Tucson Bee
lab and this too is grossly erroneous and out of
perspective for happenings in our immediate area and State
as a whole. I myslef should know this history being the
current president of the Southern Arizona BEekeepers
Association for more than 15 years now and a past president
of the Arizona State Beekeepers Association for several
also. I also served on the AHB committee for the State of
Arizona and represented the State of Arizona in fact
finging trips  to Texas on AHB information gathering
meeting with APHIS and the USDA down there.

I am sorry for the misinformation posted by a newbee
beekeepers that has only one colony and needs to learn to
deal in facts than wild imagination and I will definitely
try to find out his rational in his posting at the upcoming
SABA annual meeting/picnic next week.

I hope no harm has been done to the Tucson lab with his
remarks and as for the insults to myself and husband and
our way of doing things, which is without treatments, etc.
you may rest assure he shall be educated about rambling
without knowing about that which he is talking.

I have always dealt in fact and to that I have stood. I
will not put up with ramblings about either myself nor the
Tucson lab nor anyone else for that matter. To this end
even Bob H. on this list I would defend or even Allen D. if
need be from this sort of recent posting.

Sincerely submitted,

Dee A. Lusby