From:
Karen Oland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:27:12 -0400
One reason the "GM people" are not investigating is that it is not
in their best interests to prove such a thing. So, funding would have
to come from groups opposing GM research.

Some researchers have noted that this resistance is also quite heavy
in areas that feed/process honey from south america, where the resistance
first was heavily recognized. They do use GM crops heavily there, but
may also not properly use antibiotics. The resistance is then quickly
spread from hive to hive by drone drift (very popular idea -- I know my
drones just go in and out of any hive at will).