From:
Peter Bray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:51:33 +1200
> Peter,
>
> Wow. for handholding the macro lens, you got some remarkably good shots.
> Depth of field is pretty small, it seems - one bee is fuzzy at front
> and rear, in focus in the middle (or so it seems here).

Hi Karen....

Yes but the others are not.......  same settings, flash etc.  Depth of field
seems quite good to me considering the bees are filling so much of the photo.
Any larger than this and I couldn't keep up with them!  If they would only
stay STILL!

Couple of possibilites for the poor shot - although I'm not sure which one
you mean.

I did say "cheap" macro lens.  This was a set of 3 lenses for US$25.  Could
be one of the "out of focus" segments you are referring to is actually a
fault with the cheapie lens.

Also I'm not sure that I was holding the lens perfectly square also.  I know
that at one time I was trying this, with spot focus set, the camera would
focus closer to me than the spot I was aiming at......I must buy an adapter
ring!

The 2100 Ultra Zoom has lots of manual controls.  Shutter, Aperature, Focus,
Spot metering, balanced metering, spot and balanced focus, several white
balance settings (but no manual).  An LCD view finder (so not a true SLR)
that is mediocre to crappy to look through, but has the advantage of giving
instant see-able exposure settings.  Price is getting down to US$500 at some
of the web sellers.

Cheers,
Peter Bray
Airborne Honey Ltd., Pennington St, PO Box 28, Leeston,
New Zealand Fax 64-3-324-3236,  Phone 64-3-324-3569
http://www.airborne.co.nz  [log in to unmask]