Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:16:35 EDT
Bill Truesdale,
I use the Hive and Honey Bee as my desk "bible", but it MUST BE the 1992
Extensively
Revised Edition.  I don't believe there is another book to equal the H & HB,
and surely
no one can fault the expertise of the 32 different authors.

However, no one should take the position that all the knowledge in this book
is CAST IN STONE.  We keep learning (at least I keep trying) regardless of
our age or knowledge, and things CHANGE.  Who knows, maybe the use of
HYGIENIC bees and/or
SMR queens and/or IPM management will do away with the use of chemicals for
mites.  Maybe requeening will be done with Artificially Inseminated queens
rather than field bred queens a few years from now.

One might define scientists as people always searching for BETTER things; and
hence, I pay strong attention to what our scientists have to say.

Good to hear from you, Bill

George Imirie