From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 19:08:00 +0900
I realise very few Bee-L subscribers will  be in South Australia between the
31st August - 8th September but for those who are I invite you to visit the
Kangaroo Island Region display in the Ridley Hall,  which is part of the
Centenary of Food & Fibre sponsored by the Primary Industry & Resources S.A.
government department.

Kangaroo Island is promoting their boutique food products and I will be on
duty for 9 days (10 hours a day) encouraging visitors to try the 6 varieties
of Kangaroo Island honey on offer and talking about bees and beekeeping. I
expect to enjoy myself immensely.

The Adelaide Royal Show is from the 31st August - 8th September this year.

We have a display of historical beekeeping with relation to the Ligurian Bee
Sanctuary, with a hive which has been in use for 100 years on the mainland
and is similar to the hives that were originally used by August Fiebig in
his apiary site at Penneshaw in the 1880s.

If you are in the neighborhood, drop in and say hello.

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island
J.H. & E. McAdam<[log in to unmask]
http://kigateway.kin.net.au/hogbay/hogbay1.htm

Why not visit the South Australian Superb Websites Ring?
http://kw.mtx.net/sawebring/sawebring.html