From:
Ellen Anglin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:24:53 -0800
This Imidacloprid is scary stuff.

Do any of the Bee-organizations have plans to alert
the Almond and fruit growers of this potential hazard
to their pollinators?

It seems to me that Beekeepers need to get other
farmers who depend on honeybees and other pollinators
behind them- More voices to be heard.

I know the Almond growers have an active oganization
reperesenting their interests- What about Fruit
growers?  Could we enlist the aid of these groups
somehow?

At least we are forewarned about what to watch for. I
plan on keeping my eyes open even tho my hives are in
semi-suburban and suburban areas. (There are
cornfields within a mile tho, and that worries me.)

Ellen Anglin