From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:47:17 EDT
In a message dated 7/2/01 3:57:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Judy
([log in to unmask]) writes:

<< Special thanks and recognition go to Dave Green for his wonderful
 website.  Patricia (the essay author)  visits it regularly.>>

   Thank you for the kind words!

 <<Many, if not all, of our 4h beekeepers are aware of beekeeping issues
 and the latest in beekeeping research.  We are still working on a
 'traveling bee show'.  I told each of our kids that they must become an
 expert on some topic of beekeeping.  >>

    Thank you for your work, Judy. May your tribe increase!

    On Judy's association website we find the story of Patricia's essay entry
to the National Honey Board/4-H contest.  Please, everyone read this essay
from a 14 year old girl.  But I quote from her web site:
    "We are proud to present our county entry to this contest.
Unfortunately, this essay did not take the state title.  (Some judges
felt it was not "on topic".  Add another item upon which we disagree)
 The essay was not entered into the NHB finals."

    Sad that "our" honey board is so far out of touch with reality that they
considered this essay off-topic.  Another good reason to disband the board....

    The essay should have been a winner. Judy, if you association should
decide to give a scholarship to this young lady, please let me know. I'd like
to contribute. Perhaps others would too.

Dave Green
The Pollination Home Page:  http://pollinator.com