Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Douglas Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 08:51:51 -0700
A local farmer asked me to help him remove the bees between the inner and outer walls of his barn. He said the bees have been there for at least two years, with a big and little swarm this year. He has not done anything previously but this year the boys stacking hay are worried about being stung. I told him that the bees would probably not care about the boys stacking hay in the barn since they were not working close enough to that part of the barn. Also with the honey flow on, the bees would be too busy to bother about people unless they were aggravated.
There are two groups of bees. One going in and out a knot hole. I am planning on attaching a bracket to the wall on which I will put a deep hive with drawn comb. I will drill a hole in the back of the box and then force the bees to go through the hive to get out. I am hoping the queen will then move into the hive. I plan on giving her at least six weeks or a month before I take more drastic action.
The second group of bees does not have a clear entrance, they are going in and out in many different places along the wall. Mostly where the wood has warped out and allowed them to get in. Since there is no hope of trying the same trick with this group of bees, I am guessing that my only solution is to remove the inner wall. This will destroy the integrity of what they have built between the inner and outer wall. I am hoping they will then swarm as soon as their home is no longer any good. Hopefully I can then catch the swarm.
I was wondering if anyone has any comments or helpful hints.
Douglas Gibbs, Bandon Oregon