From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:50:01 -0700
Hi All:

I would be really interested in getting various published decay time (or
DT=50, or half life; I believe all are the same measure) for imidacloprid.

>From the links on Allens pages:

the figure from the NPTN (National Pesticide Telecommunications Network) is
"Soil: In laboratory studies imidacloprid has a half-life of greater than
one year in oxygenated sandy loam soil (6)."

(6) is US Environmental Protection Agency (1994) Imidacloprid pesticide
factsheet

In the link from the paper from Environment Canada "Field and Test Plot
Studies of Disperal of Imidacloprid in NB and PEI" if you download the full
text you will read on page 7: "Imidacloprid is persistent in soil with a
consequent high potential for carryover and build up of chemical residues
(Mulye 1996a, Mulye 1996b).  I am trying to get that reference, but
apparently when Hermendra Mulye went to work for our Pesticide Regulatory
Agency PMRA the paper became classified.

I would like to know what other regulatory or environmental agencies around
the world consider to be the half life.  It seems like that would be a
critical number.

regards,
Stan