From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 01:52:22 -0400
Greetings all,
  Is there a certain phase of the moon to requeen or split hives in?  I
know it sounds a bit odd, but our ancestors based their activities on the
phases of the moon.  In fact, many people still do.  My neigbor always
scolds me when I plant something in the garden under the wrong sign.  Odd
thing is, when I plant it wrong, it doesnt seem to do as well, but I always
said it was because I lack a green thumb. I always dismissed such things as
coincidence, but recently, I read some scientific information that said
solunar tables, which predict peak feeding times of wild game based upon
the phases of the moon, actually had some merit to them.  Animal movement
and activity is often based upon photoperiod, and other celestial events.
I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into this.  If you dont want
to post your ideas to the list, e-mail me with your thoughts.  Thanks folks!
Scott Moser