From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 12:01:14 -0500
Hello All,
We are in the process of sending bees to polinate Almonds in California
next week. The bees are in Texas. Last year & this year the plan is to lift
each pallet. Sweep the bottom of the pallet with a stiff broom and load on
a truck and move to a fire ant free pad. Check & sweep the pallet bottoms
as they are unloaded on the pad. We are sitting the pallets on a heavy
plastic and watching for fire ants before loading on the semi for
California. We would be interested in hearing about any other methods
migratory beekeepers are using to prevent taking fire ants into California.
Bob