From:
James Kilty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:09:28 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, James Kilty
<[log in to unmask]> writes
quoting albert knight's email
>Recently the work by Dr. Bo Vest
>Pedersen at Copenhagen University has shown that there are bees here in
>Britain and Ireland with identical morphometry (correction by James - dna
>studies in addition to morphometry) to  the Apis mellifera
>mellifera bees of Tasmania.
Whoops - in my hasty zeal, I made an inappropriate correction - albert
knight's reference was correct and to earlier work on Tasmanian and
British Isles bees - later Bo Vest Pederson and Francis Ratnieks did dna
studies on British and Scandinavian bees showing *they* were virtually
identical. I have no reference to dna work on Tasmanian bees. I confused
the 2 studies. Sorry.

--
James Kilty