From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 20:24:59 -0500
Bob & Liz wrote:

> Don't we really need another use for honey besides food?  Couldn't we get
> government funds for research with the high cost of gasoline today or is the
> strangle hold the oil companies have got on the U.S. to strong?

1 pint honey=$2-$5 and more without further processing.
1 pint ethanol, about $1, depending on concentration at the local
drugstore.

I think we are in the law of diminishing returns here, with the initial
product having more value than the finished product. There is a big
differnece between the price of corn to produce one pint of ethanol than
and equivalent amount of honey.

The value added product, if you want to produce ethanol, is mead. Then
you can have your cake and drink it too.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME