From:
Max Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 14:02:15 +0100
In the 15 years since Apistan has been used (according to label direction)
there have been no deleterious effects from the use of this product on bee
brood, adult bees or on colony development.

And no, this is not just company rhetoric, bee institutes in many parts of
the world have looked for effects of Apistan treatment on many hundreds of
colonies - a condition of the various regulatory authorities.

I cannot vouch for Bayvarol personally but it should have undergone similar
testing in the few countries where it has been registered.

Saying that, all biological material, including colonies of bees can be
expected to exhibit a range of behaviour to any "foreign" substance put into
the hive. As far as we know Apistan has no deleterious effects to any life
stage of the honeybee. After all this time in use I would be surprised if
effects started showing up now.

Max

Dr Max Watkins
Vita (Europe) Limited