From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 06:57:27 -0500
This message was  originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to  the BEE-L
list at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove quotes of previously
posted material.

------------ Original message (ID=734A1EA9) (48 lines) -------------------
To: Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology
From: [log in to unmask] (Ivan McGill)
Subject: Re: spring has come too early, now what?

Hi, just a quick note about bringing the bees out.

I live 1/2 way up Northern B.C. and winter my bees inside, haven't had the
wild temps. you have. If your bees have had a flight, things seem normal
snow doesn't bother them this late in the year. Snow is not the problem,
-20C or lower for any length of time because they we be starting the raise
brood at this time. Depending on how many colonies you have and if it goes
that low in temp. for any length of time, put them back in if you want.

It happend to me 1 year brought them out to early turn real cold with a
terrible north wind for about a week. Put them back in, 2 weeks later out
with no problem.

Ivan
Prince George, B.C.