Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:40:54 -0700
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Jerry J Bromenshenk wrote:

> Biggest obstacle is finding good, flexible, cheap sound analysis software,
> but that was 5 years ago.

Some years ago I was involved in some sound and vibration analysis. We
took recordings of the sound and digitalized them. We then applied a
Fourier transform to change the graph of sound intensity versus time to a
graph of intensity versus frequency. The analysis was done with a very
slow Apple II computer, but the results would give a nice pictorial
representation of what the Apidictor does by analog methods. I believe the
software was published as a Basic program and was free. Any competent
programmer could duplicate this program for a modern PC. It would run at
least a thousand times as fast and would give a frequency analysis almost
in real time.

Best regards,

Donald Aitken
Edmonton Alberta Canada