From:
Graham Law <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:48:30 -0500
Hi,
I have just completed a web page on how to run a live flying bee show in
public which may interest someone out there.

The page can be found off our home page at...

http://www.gandboss.demon.co.uk/

Abstract.
{
At country shows for over 150 years a great attraction has been a live
demonstration of a beekeeper manipulating a colony of bees. Bee driving
and bee beards where also greatly appreciated but not part of this
article. However with the world becoming increasing litigious it has
been a concern that with bees flying free in public, the risk of an odd
sting is always present. I have been working on the idea of containing
the bees within a completely netted gazebo enclosure and allowing the
public to view real manipulations at very close quarters.   Recently we
have even allowed children, suitably protected and supervised, to take a
colony apart in front of their parents and friends with great success.
}