Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:05:16 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/2003 8:52:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> someone should consider putting together some forms hospital LCs can use to
> document their financial value to their organization.

Nancy, good point and good idea, ....we do document, soooo much
documentation, we did this from the get go because our wise director knew it would matter
and garner support from administrators who are not as cognizant of BF issues,
or BF support value to the community/pts/customers/organization, ........an
easy way to do this: I have looked at the organizations stated strategic (big
picture) goals and documented how our service directly relates to meeting as many
of those goals as possible, .....that is something administrators can relate
to, understand, and appreciate.........

> We (and the mothers in our community) lose big time if we underestimate
> this piece of the puzzle.

and this is why we document, ....make power point graphs, present info to
docs and administrators.......

Debbie Tobin
RN BSN IBCLC LCCE
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/lcagw2000/lcagwcover.html">LCAGW</A> Co-VP
Springfield, Virginia USA
In the Fairfax County suburbs outside the Washington DC beltway

<A HREF="www.BestBreastfeeding.Info">www.BestBreastfeeding.Info</A>