From:
Diane Karnbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 1995 17:25:32 -0400
I received a call today from a single mother of a 3 mo old in financial
difficulty.  She was wanting to know if it is OK for her to sell plasma while
breastfeeding.  I am not familiar with the procedure but she tells me it
involves removing her blood, taking out the plasma and replacing the red
cells.  She also mentioned that she would be getting an anti-coagulant.  One
place told her it wasn't a problem and the other said it was.  My resources
say the ant-coagulants have little effect on baby but none of my liturature
mentions anything about plasma doantion.  My gut tells me not to do it but I
would be interested in what you all have to say about this situation. TIA.
Diane Karnbach, LLL Leader
Virginia Beach, VA