From:
Tony & Val <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 22:14:14 +0000
Mary,
I went to South Africa (from Australia) with my son, then aged 4-6
months.  We spent a lot of time driving around, sometimes up to 8
hours a day.  My son never slept longer than 1/2 hour, and had
reflux, hence the continual demand for feeds, comfort, etc.  I had
never had any experience with cup feeding and neither had he, we
rapidly learnt!!  I would express while hubby drove and pass small
amounts over to the baby seat.  Luke would hold the cup and slug it
down, never spilt a drop mind you.  I am sure that he got great
enjoyment out of the whole business just because it was something new
and different.  Due to unrest, we were unable to stop for proper
breastfeeds, this was the substitute.
Val in Busselton, Western Australia
RN RM IBCLC