From:
Ginger Carney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:14:43 -0500
I am trying to help a couple of Nutrition Graduate Students at the
University of Memphis with a survey they are trying to get out to new
mothers re: breastfeeding.  If any of you could pass this along to any
of the new moms you know or work with, it would be a tremendous help.
We are trying to find out 1) why mothers do not reach their
breastfeeding goals and 2) if formula discharge packs has interferred
with breastfeeding.  I would truly appreciate if this could be forwarded
to new mothers.  Thanks so much.

Ginger Carney, RD, LDN, IBCLC, RLC
Memphis, TN
Dear new mom:

The purpose of this survey is to identify factors that influence
breastfeeding duration and to determine the messages that mothers
receive from formula discharge packs given in hospitals.  You are being
asked to participate in this survey to identify factors that influence
breastfeeding only if you have a baby who is 6 months of age or younger,
and you breastfed this baby at some time since birth.  You do not have
to be breastfeeding currently to take the survey.   The questionnaire is
completed on-line and should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
The information collected in this study will be used for research
purposes only.  The study will not involve the use of your name or any
other personal identifiable characteristics.  The information on the
questionnaire will remain confidential to the researchers only and,
within the limits of the law, the confidentiality of your responses and
participation is ensured.  If you have questions or concerns, please
feel free to e-mail one of us by clicking on our e-mail address below.
We encourage you to forward this survey to anyone you know who has a
child 6 months old or younger.  The survey can be accessed by the
address below and will be available to complete until October 18, 2005.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=607761314925

Thanks for your help,
April Schuman: [log in to unmask]
Adriann Skeen: [log in to unmask]