From:
Hilary Frambes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:25:30 -0400
Judy:

Though I don't know how exactly the hormones of lactation effect the pelvic floor, I would see if this mom might try other options to strengthen her pelvic floor and possibly forgo the surgery.  I have had pelvic floor problems with both of my large babies (first almost 11lbs) and I did (and still do) physical therapy to help with this problem.  I have even heard of mothers having success with acupuncture for this.

While I'm still not 100%, I'm getting stronger with every passing month.  I can understand this woman's frustration with this problem.  You can feel like you are never going to be "normal" again.  Another excellent resource for those considering pelvic floor surgery is Christine Ann Kent's web site, where you can also purchase a book on the subject at http://www.healingthepelvicfloor.com/.

Best of luck,
Hilary Frambes
LLLL, Hilliard, OH