Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 15:14:20 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Dear All,
Well, drama would definately be a good way to describe what is going on here in Israel.  Over the entire Israel, on the Sabbath, which is only done in a case of life and death, trucks went around with loud speakers announcing that the Remedia formula (apparantly from Germany) was tainted or poison.  Orthodox Jews do not drive on the Sabbath, watch TV or listen to the radio, etc from sundown Friday till stars out Sat. night.  I heard from my kids-  I must have been really tired Friday night, and missed the announcements.  They also announced in all the synagogues.
This morning, Sunday, at one of my morning consultations, the new mother's mother was there visiting from Toronto.  Her other daughter lives in LA and had just called up that ambulances went around in the Orthodox neighborhoods in LA announcing the same thing, and there were already a few babies hospitalized.   She spoke to another daughter in NY who said the same thing happened in Boro Park/Flatbush, and there were already some casualties.
Anyone want to confirm any of this?
Boy, what a pleasure to work with mothers today.  They would not be doing ANYTHING else in the world right now than making sure their baby gets ONLY breastmilk.
Jessica Billowitz, IBCLC
Israel

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2