Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 19:44:22 EST
Nikki writes of "fondly"

<<remembering the Eucerin days, where each mom got a big glob  of
Eucerin cream scooped out of a jar and put on a piece of  paper.....>>

Ah, but Nikki,  do you remember the days where the mother with sore nipples
had them painted  with a brownish, sticky, foul smelling sort of iodine
preparation?  A  virtual Hershey's kiss to anyone that can remember the name of
 it.

Both Bob and I  remember it, and I can almost smell it, but can't remember
what it is  called.

Of course, the moms needed something like that because we had to  wash
their nipples with green soap and rinse with sterile water using sterile  gauze
wipes and tongs.

Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end.....no  wonder
only about 20% of moms even attempted breastfeeding back  then.

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC, FILCA
Lactation  Education Consultants
_www.lactationeducation.com_ (http://www.lactationeducation.com/)