Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:50:33 EST
Hi all,
I sent this question to Jan Barger and she said it is a good post for
LACTNET. So I got up my nerve to post and here it is (my note to her and the
one from the mom):

I got this note from a mom today and it doesn't sound right to me. Have you
ever heard of any such thing??? Surely the discoloration is not from the hair
coloring? Could there by some type of chemical reaction to some types of
fabric because of built up something in her milk? This totally does not make
sense to me. I have no idea how old the baby is... obviously to young to be
weaned or weaned to soon/quickly if she is "really engorged."

Thanks,
Laurie

<<Ok, this really freaked me out. I was talking to a friend of mine last
night that is weaning her baby. She highlighted her hair the other day.
She used the kind that you pull through the cap, not even touching her
scalp. She is really engorged because of the weaning and when she held
her baby (the day after she colored), she leaked all over her shirt. HER
MILK BLEACHED HER SHIRT!!!!! Just a word to let you know how stuff
actually does go through your body and into your milk!!>>