From:
Kathy Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:02:09 -0400
I am the proud mother of 5 sons;4 by birth, 1 by marriage that did not get breastfed:( Earlier this year, we took my youngest (now 13 yrs) and one of his friends to the zoo. We arrived fairly early in the day. It was breakfast time for the animals so we got to see many that would be inside or at the back of their compound later in the day. As we walked through the "family farm" exhibit, my son's friend pointed to a mother pig and said, "Yuk!" Momma was grazing while all but 3 of her litter were suckling. My son's response was classic, "What's wrong? They are just eating while their mom is eating!"

I'm a hospital-based LC who has also collected nick names over the past 9 years: Dairy Queen, Lactating nurse, lactonator, lactitionist, Milk Maid, and (my favorite...given to me by a young teen mom) Boob Genie.

Kathy Bowers, RN, IBCLC in 95 degree hot WA. state