Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:14:48 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (46 lines)
Dear all:
Since, I've been nudged into Facebook by some of you on Lactnet and my son loves 
YouTube, I've been thinking about a corner within YouTube -- called BoobTube.  Most 
things I found on YouTube about breastfeeding were very lame.  The usual, don't feel 
guilty if you can't do it after the lukewarm "breast is best".  The stiff pontificating fake 
professional sitting behind a desk saying (it's OK if you can't do it) and the 20 year old 
head ramming latch on techniques.  I didn't yet see a finger wagging at the breast --- that 
I've only found on the regular websites --- but most of the breastfeeding stuff I found was 
mostly verbal finger wagging.  

There were two expections: Milkmen that was shown at the ILCA conference is now on 
some other movie site and the infamous one with the cafe waitress in the hands free 
bustier with the backpack electric pump on her back as she serves two men in a cafe - 
and declared one of them a "very fussy baby".  (I wish I could remember this reference 
because it was another PIMP experience -- with Milkmen being the first PIMP experience).  
The lame breastfeeding movies outnumber the funny ones --- very little even came close 
to the brilliant weight loss movie that Janice Reynolds shared. 

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm thinking we all need to get skilled at taking our 
cameras and doing the five second clips and doing our own BoobTube for YouTube videos.

I'm currently thinking about the "Don't call me Nazi Anymore", "Who should be sent to the 
bathroom to eat" (My son has volunteered with his 8-9 year old pals for the section on 
boys with bad table manners clip) and a few others.  One of our displaced Aussie IBCLCs 
mentioned one that I think I missed of a man sitting on a toilet trying to eat -- so if 
anyone has an address for this one, I'd love to see it.

Could we not flood YouTube with BoobTube stuff that is funny and humorous and edgy? 
Don't many of us have that movie setting on our digital cameras? I just have to figure out 
how to load my little mini clips without it taking hours.  

Think about the potential --- we could all be movie directors.

Best, Susan

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2