Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:59:54 -0400
Last night on ER (hospital drama) BF was mentioned. A nurse named
Carol is PG with twins and was remarking about the weight she has
gained and another doctor said something to the effect that "Don't
worry, you'll lose that weight breastfeeding." It was nice to see
that, even with twins, BF was assumed. They have portrayed BF very
positively in the past.

As a side note, if anyone watches A Baby Story on the Learning
Channel, I believe today's features a BF mom. I have to run home and
set the VCR! I have only seen this show once or twice and they are
always very interventionist (is that a word LOL) births. And usually
bottlefeeding is shown or if mom is BF, it is not mentioned.

Jennifer Mowatt
Nursing Mothers' Counselor